Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Senior Cloud Architect
Cavallo is seeking a Senior Cloud Architect who will lead the Development Teams in the innovation of new and existing SAAS platforms and features. The Senior Cloud Architect will be tasked with making high-level decisions throughout each stage of the architecting process in addition to managing and facilitating both the technical and design aspects of our complex SAAS solutions. An expert problem solver, the Senior Cloud Architect will need to see the big picture and create architectural blueprints that guide the Development Team in producing the high quality applications that Cavallo is known for.
A typical day of a Senior Cloud Architect would include:
- Collaborating with the Product and DevelopmentTeams to determine requirements for new and existing SAAS applications;
- Developing high level product architectures and specifications with special attention given to system integrations and feasibility;
- Defining and overseeing technical standards, including software coding standards, guidelines and best practices;
- Identifying tools, technologies/tech stacks and methodologies that improve or leverage the design and operating effectiveness;
- Governing on topics related to cloud solutions. Owning and maintaining all Cavallo design documentation, architectural models, etc.;
- Leading Developers in the creation of new SAAS applications or improving existing ones;
- Overseeing the work of the Development Team through code reviews to ensure their work complies with coding standards, best practices and initial design;
- Providing technical guidance and coaching on project requirements and objectives to the Development Team;
- Evaluating existing architectures and recommending changes to improve performance;
- Conducting research to identify new technologies that could be useful in future products.
This may be the job for you if:
- You have 7-10 years of proven experience architecting large-scale SAAS applications;
- You have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field (Advanced degrees a plus);
- You are extremely knowledgeable in application design and architecture;
- You possess experience using Git, Jira or other available code repositories and project management platforms;
- You have a strong understanding of the major cloud service providers (AWS and Azure), certifications a plus;
- You have a strong understanding of a broad range of software technologies and platforms;
- You are exceptionally organized and possess an ability to unify and coach a Team;
- You have the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization;
- You have a highly analytical mindset and are able to see the big picture without losing sight of the details;
- You personify Cavallo’s Core Values;
- You are passionate about innovation and creating useful software applications;
- You are self-motivated, hard-working and strive to be the best version of yourself daily;
- You are looking to join a team of people who are eager to learn and share knowledge.
Why should you apply?
- Become a member of a #PeopleFirst organization that believes in instilling excellence in the people who make up our team;
- Create exciting, innovative solutions for a fast growing software development company;
- Work with collaborative colleagues who seek out and value each other’s input and feedback;
- Strong leadership who believe in creating enormous and measurable value for our Customers.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and STD Insurance
- 4% 401(k) Employer Match
- Generous PTO and Work/Life Synergy
- Learning and Career Development Opportunities
Cavallo is one of West Michigan’s largest, fastest-growing software companies. We’re seeking the self-motivated, the hard-working, the problem solvers, and the dedicated to join our team of experts. We're focused on helping businesses grow, expand, or reshape how they do things by approaching each and every problem with energy, creativity, and confidence. Ingenuity, adaptation, and evolution are at the core for us at Cavallo.
Our Grand Rapids-based headquarters is focused on helping change the way organizations do business through our software products, customizations, expertise, and support. Our enterprise software solutions work with leading business applications, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Business Central, and integrate with a wide range of apps and platforms. Cavallo has been in the business of helping manufacturing and distribution companies increase productivity and efficiency since 2003. We got our start when a small business owner tasked a software developer with transforming a pile of clipboards and legal pads into a streamlined, efficient inventory management system. We have been sharing ideas and innovating ever since.
At Cavallo, we're always looking for talented individuals to join our team of professionals. We believe our success is built on the abilities of our employees, and we strive to create a challenging and rewarding environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to grow. Reach out to us today!