Chorus One is one of the leading operators of infrastructure for Proof-of-Stake networks and decentralized protocols. Tens of thousands of retail customers and institutions are staking billions in assets through our infrastructure helping to secure protocols and earn rewards. Our mission is to increase freedom and speed of innovation through decentralized technologies.
In addition to operating Proof-of-Stake infrastructure, we are deeply interested in the potential of the Urbit operating system as a better computing platform for the future. We are building an Urbit-focused team and this position will be in that team.
We are a diverse team of around 50 people distributed all over the globe. We value radical transparency, striving for excellence and improvement while treating each other with kindness and generosity. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Urbit represents a fundamentally new computing paradigm, where each user has their own personal server that hosts their applications and data. This promises users a deeper ownership over their computing stack, a better developer experience and seamless operating system integration for blockchain applications.
Given Urbit's radical departure from the conventional computing stack, Urbit also requires a fundamentally new approach to infrastructure. Chorus One's Urbit team will focus on exploring building and operating a scalable and secure infrastructure for the Urbit stack. As an early member of this team, you will be tasked with gaining a deep understanding of the Urbit kernel and operating system. You will develop technologies and architecture for scalable Urbit hosting. You will most likely contribute to open source codebases that could facilitate better Urbit hosting solutions.
- Research and develop technologies to create a scalable hosting product for the functional operating system Urbit
- Develop an understanding of Urbit’s architecture
- Develop an understanding of how user requirements impact technology architecture
- Communicate technical insights to larger Urbit team
- Contribute to developing long-term product roadmap
- Contribute to open-source projects related to scaling Urbit technology
What we are looking for
- Comfortable working with low level C, virtualization
- Understanding of core operating system primitives
- Experience with Nix build environment
- Strong research skills
- Takes initiative and ability to work relatively autonomously
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work the following timezone: Switzerland +/- 6 hours.
- Interest in Urbit
- Knowledge of functional programming languages
- Experience with contributing to open source projects
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related subject
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience and equity options available
Chorus One is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.