Modsy is an online interior design service that is reinventing the way we design our homes. We use 3D rendering technology to deliver designs in our clients’ exact rooms with real furniture and decor they can shop on the spot. Our images are so life-like you’ll swear they’re photos.
We are a mission-driven company and believe that better designed spaces lead to happier lives. We bring this to life through our one-of-a-kind experience combining cutting-edge 3D visualizations with expert interior designers (that’s where you come in).
As a Remote Designer you’ll be a core member of the team bringing our mission to life and will work directly with clients to transform their homes online. This is a fun, engaging, and fast-paced opportunity where you will create magic for clients daily!
This contract, remote opportunity is perfect for talented, new designers looking to flex their skills and gain experience as well as a great chance for seasoned designers to continue their practice from home. This is a full-time or part-time opportunity.
What You'll Do:
- Design online with our cutting-edge tools and proprietary 3D design software. It’s interior design for the future!
- Partner with various clients from across the country and guide them through the design process.
- Create beautiful designs that meet your clients’ style, functional, and budget needs.
- Source furniture and decor from our curated assortment of retail and trade partners.
- Use critical thinking and basic project management skills to assess a client’s needs and successfully complete each project.
- Proactively communicate with your clients at every stage of their projects using our online messaging portal.
- Share feedback with your team to help us continue to improve our tools, systems, and overall experience of our designers.
- Passionate About Design: You’re the first to know about the latest trends, are fluent in design styles from Mid-Century to Minimalism, and are passionate about helping clients discover and bring their unique visions to life.
- Solution-Oriented: Tricky layouts are no match for you! You’ve got more than a few small space tricks up your sleeve and don’t think “budget” is a dirty word. You’re excited about helping your clients create spaces that are beautiful and functional.
- Customer-Focused: You’re determined to deliver a delightful experience to every client you work with and always go above and beyond to ensure they love their designs.
- Tech-Savvy: Did you spend hours playing The Sims as a kid (or as an adult, no judgment)? If you’re comfortable learning new technologies and programs and are ready to bring the interior design process online, we think you’ll do well here.
- Time and Project Management Whiz: You’ve got top-notch organizational skills, are ready to work on multiple projects in parallel, and can hit deadlines while still nailing the details.
Why You'll Love It:
- Do what you love from home! This is a 100% remote position, meaning you can say goodbye to commuting or traveling for client appointments or meetings.
- We’ll match you with a pipeline of clients, so no need to spend money on marketing to promote your business.
- Be a part of an amazing community of passionate and seasoned design professionals and build a network of connections across the country!
- Continue to build your portfolio and strengthen your design skills with access to exclusive learning materials and support resources.
- Modsy Design Foundations course provided at no cost
- Modsy Designer Foundations course graduation bonus potential
- Avg $17/hour + Merchandise Sales Bonus
- Background in interior design, E-design, or architecture
- Experience with E-design, interior design, or space-planning principles
- Experience with Photoshop, Auto-CAD, SketchUp, Rhino, and/or Revit required
- Sales and customer service experience
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
Most successful designers at Modsy have the ability to work an estimated weekly project workload up to 40 hrs a week.
To best support clients, we recommend the ability to schedule at least 3-4 hours during your workday, 5 days a week. This time must overlap with standard US business hours (9 am-9 pm EST) so that you can provide timely communications and as needed schedule video consultations with clients.
If you are a previous Modsy Stylist or Designer please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org