Time zones: SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3)
Make the Sportradar team smarter, faster, and stronger. Come work for and shape one of the fastest growing sports tech companies in the world.
As a market innovator, Sportradar is valued at $5 billion+, backed by prominent investors Ted Leonsis and Michael Jordan, and a partner to the top leagues and federations around the world including the NBA, MLB, FIFA and UEFA.
We are a founder-led company with a fast-paced, growth-focused spirit that invites employees to pave their own path and make a personal impact in driving the company forward.
We’re looking for an addition to a group of highly experienced engineers in a DevOps solutions and technology team. Working closely with engineering teams to foster a strong culture of collaboration, system development lifecycles and infrastructure as code practices. Develop and support high quality digital solutions, with a focus on building operational awareness, supporting configuration management and ensuring quality. Become integral to a team of software developers, test analysts and product owners as part of the DevOps Practice.
Sportradar is a truly digital organization with a very broad array of B2B applications and services. As we embark on a very exciting technical transformation with a focus on cloud migration and microservice architectures, it is a great time to join our team!
To succeed in this role, you have a background in software development. You should have a passion for DevOps, extensive experience of tooling centric to software crafting/hosting and an expert level understanding of software quality, reliability, release and scaling principles. You will have experience setting up continuous integration/delivery in agile teams. In addition, you will have operational experience with system administration or site reliability engineering which allows you to craft and maintain resilient systems. You will also have a natural desire to automate all things, coach and guide your peer development community and a passion for reproducible results.
There are several key challenge areas:
- Creation of automated build and deployment capabilities for products under development
- Implement “self serve” capabilities in build, test, deploy and measure
- Optimize the development life-cycle
- Responsible for data collection relative to developer productivity, test results, deployment results, infrastructure health/performance and application health/performance
- Responsible for infrastructure as code in collaboration with Platform Teams
- Aids in the investigation of technical issues between Platform Teams and Development
- Build and foster a culture of collaboration and cross functional support
- Reduce the time to market for software products and services
- Strong experience with AWS, AWS Aurora, Lambdas, AWS SQS, Redis, and AWS IOT.
- A Cloud, Containerization, Infrastructure as Code, Observability and scripting expert.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception to inception, including system design, build, deploy and operate
- Supports implementation of standards and best practices related to system architecture, deployment, KPI’s and operational health
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through, automation, process refinement, post-mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- A practitioner and evangelist of DevOps principles
- Proficient in the use of data to measure and optimize performance in development and production
- Working within a well-established team of experienced DevOps engineers.
- Work with Kubernetes, microservice architectures, cloud providers and other modern and exciting technologies.
- Collaborate with supporting colleagues from all over the world.
- The opportunity to work and develop within an inspiring and fast-growing company.
- A challenging but rewarding and fun environment.